Quote:

For the record, I changed the center channel settings back to small, as it didnt do anything.

Interesting. When I mess with the Large/Small settings I notice a decent difference in the sound. I put my center on Large, and it had a more pronounced mid/low (as would be expected) which sounds like what you were looking for, so I am just wondering why it didn't sound different for you. I don't have a Yamaha V2600, so I can't comment on it, but it still might be something in there that could be adjusted to "overcompensate" in the midrange to produce the sound that you want.

I guess that is, barring a product defect, where I would look. I mean, the Axioms are more "accurate" have a more "flat" frequency response, etc, which means that the input to the speakers will have a bigger impact on them as they will play more correctly what the system is sending to them. When running the Bose, you are dealing with the whole Bose system, which takes the input (from my understanding) and "tweaks" it electronically and breaks up the signal to different speakers (cube and bass module for Bose, vs. just center channel like just about all other brands I can think of). These "tweaks" actually alter the sound to be the way that Bose wants them, and not always the way that the sounds was designed to be.

Here is an example from my life (not using Bose) in which it took me a while to adjust to Axioms. My first theater was a "the more speakers you have, the better"... I had adjusted and messed around with the speakers to death to get what was a really impressive (not accurate) sound. Meaning, lots of highs, and killer bass. People were impressed, and I was happy. When I got my Axioms, I loved the way that they sounded, but it still took me a while to get used to the fact that I actually had some midrange, and that clean bass is better than muddy low end.

My old system was (gasp... I don't think that I've ever admitted to this before) full of KLH speakers. Back when all there was for digital audio was 5.1 (no 6.1 or 7.1), I had wired up a Frankenbeast of speakers. I had Front R/L speakers with 15" woofers, I has dual center channels, I actually had smaller front right-center and front left-center speakers (blending the center channels to the front R/L), I had speakers on the side of the room, and a funky shaped rear R/L speaker. I had a powered sub up front, and a passive sub under my seat risers. Throw bass-shakers on each theater seat, and a couple under the couch up front, and it was impressive. Just not very accurate...

Pictures of my crazy set up are on my web page under the V1.0 link...

Anyway, I am not saying that something isn't wrong, but we just want to make sure that you are trying everything, and that nothing is overlooked. You asked for help, and we are trying. Without being on-site, it is hard to diagnose the problem.

Where are you located at? Maybe someone can help you in person. That is what this community is all about. Helping the fellow audio enthusiast.

Farewell - June 4, 2020