My dislike of Bose is similar to my dislike of Monster Cable:

They over-market themselves to convince consumers that don't know any better that their brand is above reproach. Many consumers will spend 5X more than necessary on these products as opposed to comparable ones from other companies because they think "with the Bose or Monster name on it, it's gotta be the best"....when that's not at all true.

To me, it's almost akin to the snake oil companies, though not quite as flagrant. "It's better because we tell you it's better." A knowledgeable consumer who has done some research won't bite, but the person who "trusts" that Bose or Monster Cable name often won't research it at all. "It's a lot more expensive, so it must be better!"

Disclaimer: If someone IS familiar with the "opposing viewpoint" on these products, but still chooses to purchase them because of the unobtrusiveness of the speakers or they like the sound or form-factor of the system or the cool gold plating on the cable connectors, more power to them. It's a free country, yadda, yadda, yadda. It's the deception part that bugs me!

Sorry about the rant, I just really dislike false and misleading advertising.

::::::: No disrespect to Axiom, but my favorite woofer is my yellow lab :::::::