I went out to try to figure out how "cheap" I could get the package to switch to DirecTV, and it isn't cheap at all.

From what everything is telling me, I need a seperate receiver for EACH TV, is that correct? Right now I have 2 receivers, and each receiver handles 2 seperate TVs (on seperate channels) at the same time. One of those is also a DVR, so I can start playing back a show in the living room at night, and then if it gets late, I can continue it up in our bedroom since those 2 TVs are using the one, dual tuner DVR. I also have 100 channels (not counting PPV, or music channels) and again, with all of the fees it runs me about $45 a month. Now, if I switch and upgrade to HD content, with DirecTV, it is something like $65 a month for the first 4 months, but I wonder what it will go to after that promo period. It also will cost me around $300 in up front equipment fees (HD DVR, etc)... YIKES... I love the idea of HD content in my home theater, but if that is the driving force, then I am not sure that I can honestly justify a switch.

I know that I could always call them, but I am not a loyal customer of 12 years or anything.

Someone give me some good news here. I would LOVE to get a bunch of HD channels...

Farewell - June 4, 2020