I just moved to my new house and shelled out some cash to have cable jacks installed in every room ($80 bucks or so.) So I will not be switching anytime soon.

I have cable with HD+DVR+ a couple of movie channels + highspeed internet and my bill is not cheap.

However, I got this from the dircecTV web site:

The future of television has arrived. DIRECTV brings you our new HD DVR, soon with the capacity to offer 100 HD channels*

*Number of channels subject to available HD programming.

While it is neat that they are adding the CAPACITY for 100 hd channels, until there are 100 worthwhile HD networks I will not even think about switching. I am sure my cable company has the CAPACITY for more HD channels then they provide. I just don't understand what good a 100 channel hd capacity is without 100 quality HD networks.

Show me a channel lineup and I will re-consider dishing out money to my cable provider.

However, I do like the idea of being able to add an external hard-drive for extra storage. Our DVR does not have that feature but I think we can DVR to the hard drive on the computer with our windows media center PC...

-David