Putting together a good combo of a projector, a dim room and the correct screen type and color to match your lighting conditions is key. If you get it all right, it can be quiet spectacular. Hi Def movies look as good as on a HD TV, just bigger.

So far, I have just had things up and running in a test environment as my rooms not done. The screen wasn't flattened to the wall and the walls are still all bright white drywall but I'm already amazed at the HD picture. I'll have a hard time watching TV again on a set, even on my 46" TV.

Projector Central
and
Their forums
Have a lot of great screenshots. A lot of users post some really well captured pictures of their screens so you can get a look at the quality of the colors and picture.

It's VERY important to match the right gear to the job. A poor projector will give you artifacts, be too dull, to dim or produce an annoying 'screen door' effect. The wrong color screen for your room type can really limit the quality you will see. The wrong choice of beer, and the evening is ruined. Oops, wrong thread.

Last edited by Murph; 04/11/08 05:25 PM.

With great power comes Awesome irresponsibility.