Thanks everyone.. so that does mean that 95% of movies watched on a Epson 1080P UB projector will have black bars ? and if don't want those black bars I have to get a different lens ($$$) ? Can't I get a screen size / width that will make the movies fill up the entire screen and still make regular tv watchable ?

this is getting a bit confusing.. even for someone as technical as I am..

I've explained to my cousin that the 2 factors for a projector are: 1. light control, ie: you'll be watching movies in the dark, or almost dark. and 2. not designed for watching 40 hour of Oprah with one or two movies thrown in on Saturday night..this is not suited for heavy load of regular tv watching.. get an LCD or Plasma if that's the case..

am I right ? or am I wrong ? projector seems to need a "dedicated" room with lighting control and is 90% or more made for movies, lamps are expensive ($350 approx) and last about 2000 hours. Most projectors under 4K put out about 1000 up to 1800 lumens.. while those in the under 10K put out up to 2800 lumens..and then if you have 50K ..up to 10000 lumens..at least that is what I got from that great article that was linked in a previous response to my post by PtRyno.. Thanks..

Riker

Acoustic Zen Adagio, Veritas center, Axiom EP500, QS8s, Anthem AVM20, MC20,Adcom GFA7400