Well, as you can guess by my new Avatar, I'm the very exited owner of a new Roland TD-3sw set. My thanks to the vdrums.com dude whom I mercilessly ripped off the avatar from. Let's hope he is not an Axiom owner.

My wife actually made the call as it is ultimately a Christmas present from her. I was just doing all the leg work. Further research showed that my buddies fears of sensors breaking down were not as well founded according to the e-drumming community at large, especially for the better made Rolands. However, my wife had already gone out and purchased me the new set yesterday after being equally spooked by his advice.

In any case, I'm not disappointed at all as this will be a great kit to get started on and I suspect it will be a good while before I could actually justify any major upgrades. Notice I said, justify, not crave. I fully expect upgraditis to take advantage to this new weakness to my immune system.

Got them set up last night but couldn't find my stereo extension cord for the 1/4 jack required for running a headset so I haven't actually heard what they sound like yet. I know all the pads are working from the LEDs but I can't wait to get home tonight and actually hear how bad I am.

Thanks again for all the advice.

With great power comes Awesome irresponsibility.