Time to morph into a new thread, about being unable to connect the 3808 to the internet. I actually like the way the 3808 manual looks graphically, everything seems laid out in orderly fashion, until you read for content, in which all of the crucial technical details appear largely to be absent (tech support was similarly useless, they suggested I reset the microprocessor and return to default factory settings, which seems dubious as a solution after having run the unit for one day, hey whatever it takes but at this point I don't think so). Anyway lots of folks have stated the manual made them crazy, so far it's just made me laugh, there's nothing to scratch your head over and get upset about; the downside is that there's not much information to speak of at all, once it comes to depth. All you're left with is a zen finger pointing at the moon, but not necessarily of the intelligent sort. Well I digress, first impressions.

Tried entering all of the info from the router manually, including primary and secondary DNS, etc. to no avail; incidentally internet threads suggest that the router does not support UPnP so it doesn't seem like that's the issue, although from what I've read turning off UPnP is the holy grail of compatibility between 3808 and router.

I found this humorous entry in the manual: "The AVR-3808-CI is not compatible with PPPoE. A PPPoE-compatible router is required if you have a contract for a line of the type with which the PPPoE is set." Say what? \:D My router does connect via PPPoE (DSL phone line), so I suppose I'm covered, because my router is PPPoE compatible?

Anyway whatever it takes, so far ATT and Denon have not been able to scratch the surface of my trouble connecting to the internet, hopefully I don't have to switch ISPs, the choices are ugly out here in the distant suburbs.

"If you try to turn toward it, you go against it."