Originally Posted By: grunt
Can you copy files between the computers? If so then this really sounds like a firewall(s) blocking the ping request. Which really isn’t an issue unless you just like pinging your computers or need to troubleshoot your connections.
Yes and no, the Windows Home Network is a bit flaky because one of the computers uses MCE 2005, the other two computers use Vista. I've been able to do what I need to, share printers, etc., but overall it's been a bit hobbled with regard to reliability of file sharing between the MCE and Vista computers.

Also, right now I am initially only looking to connect the Denon to the internet and have even tried disconnecting all of the computers except the Denon to the router just to fire up a basic connection.

Originally Posted By: grunt
It sounds like you have MAC address filtering enabled which is not a bad thing but will only allow the MAC addresses listed to connect to your router. Can you edit the Denon’s MAC address in the router to match what is actually on it.
On the Netgear router that does not appear to be allowed and my impression is it is not allowed on the att modem either, I am still looking into this.

Where does MAC address filtering occur, in the router?

"If you try to turn toward it, you go against it."