I'm on Facebook, but not Twitter or Myspace. There's a few of us Axiomites on Facebook: pmbuko, kcarlile, CV, sonicfox, nickbuol, Adamp88, Efalardeau, and tomtuttle are the ones I know of. Real names have been omitted to protect the innocent.

Facebook, to me, is an overall positive. The pros of getting back in contact with desired old friends, sharing photos, and offering opinions and jokes outweigh the cons of seeing all kinds of crap details about/by your distant friends, as PeterC alludes to.

I have to say, however, that I am increasingly pissed off at those "IQ" quizzes that are springing up EVERYWHERE. Facebook is rife with them. Every page seems to load with a claim that two of my friends scored 'this' and 'that' (usually 127 and 119) - "Can you beat them?"

Well, yes, probably, but that's not the point. First, these sites are fraudulently throwing out fake numbers, such as "Obama's IQ = 125", "Bush's IQ = 120", "Average Red Sox fan = 116", etc. Lies, fraud, shenanigans! Second, what these things are is NOT legitimate IQ tests, of course. Hopefully most people realize this, and, if so, then sure go ahead and play your silly little games and have some fun. Just realize that the numbers generated mean nothing. No validity, nada. Leave the real IQ testing to psychologists.

(end rant)

Bears, beets, Battlestar Galactica.