Having joined Facebook a couple of months ago, I have to say I like the way it naturally orients you toward catching up with old friends. It's like an ever-expanding "web"... once you locate one friend, you might find that there are mutual friends that they have already found.... it really IS social networking. And, there's nothing that stops you from going out and meeting with these people in the real-world once you've connected. I've got a "date" for coffee with my first girlfriend next time I visit Rhode Island, and have found many friends from photography school 25 years ago.... and they are all over the U.S. and some in other countries. But I find Jim, and find out that Jim knew where Cathy was and Cathy knew where Bill was... all of a sudden, they're easy to find and re-connect with... I also found a childhood friend that I haven't had contact with in 35 years. I get to see photos of her and her family, and she's posted some from when we were kids on her "Facebook page". I'm going to scan and post some of my own for her.

My Dad just joined Facebook to find classmates, college friends, and military friends from 35-50 years ago, and is re-connecting with some.

Yes,some people use it like Twitter, posting their every move and thought throughout the day. But I've discovered that you can "ignore" friends that do that so you don't have to "see" their posts.

I only spend about ten minutes a day on Facebook, checking it once in the morning and once in the evening. It's not all-consuming for me, and I think you would find that you can gain the benefits without "living" on it. I spend more time here.

Try Facebook before you dismiss it.

But go ahead and dismiss Twitter 'cuz that's just dumb!

SOME of you kids get off my lawn!

::::::: No disrespect to Axiom, but my favorite woofer is my yellow lab :::::::