Originally Posted By: CV
People don't want to take the time to read or write anything substantial, so Twitter to the rescue.

Sadly, very true. A few months ago I read the results of a survey that indicated that, among other thing, a huge percentage (I forget the number so I won`t quote a number) of the American population hadn`t read a book since ... they left grade school!

Additionally, the statistics available to web site administrators make it easy to apply some analysis to your statement.

About 70% of the visitors that land on my site stay for less than 30 seconds, even when the content displayed explains ways to resolve the challenges for which they were searching. Conversely, over 10% of the visitors stay for over a half hour, and over half of them stay for over an hour. That smaller group is my target. The challenge is that niche sites like mine need to attract a lot of people so that you can get the smaller core group that you really are after establishing a connection with.

It often amazes me that people around the world regularly visit my site, and that a good number have elected to subscribe to a free service that delivers the updates that I post to my site direct to their email within hours.

There`s a real recommendation on those who profess to be blogging advisors to use any and all of the social networking tools, especially Twitter.

Now I could be wrong, but even with a bit of an established readership, I cannot talk myself into believing that anyone would want to `follow me` on Twitter.

Plus, I`d rather devote my time to build even more content for my site.

Well, either that or hanging out here. \:\)