Originally Posted By: PeterChenoweth
Good luck! I'll be eager to hear how that XPS-3 performs. I'm still quite content with my meager LPA-1. That XPS-3 is (on paper) a beast. I hope it lives up to your expectations.

And as someone who has returned something to Emotiva, they do stand behind their return policy.

Yes it is sort of monsterous spec wise. I was actually hoping to get the RPA-2, 350 watts per channel x 2 into 4 ohms. But wouldn't you know it as soon as I was ready to get one I went to their website and it was gone! \:\(

I scoured ebay and everywhere else I could think of to no avail, I couldn't find one anywhere. So it looked to me as if the XPA-3 was the next best thing. Which Emotiva product did you have to return?

I would be very interested to read up on your impressions of using the LPA-1 compared to just your Pioneer. Do you have a link to such a post? Did you do a lot of comparison tests between having the Emotiva running things vs having the Pioneer carrying the load? I realize that the Pioneer only pushes 100 watts to 7 channels compared to 125 watts x 5 + 50 x 2 that the LPA-1 powers (not that you use the 50 x 2, you just have the 5.1 set-up correct?), so it would hold the advantage reguardless. But It would still be interesting to know how much better a 7 channel dedicated amp handles things compared to how the power from the (trade off) amp section of a receiver can manage it. Or for that matter, if you experienced no real improvement or noticable difference at all.

My Stuff :

M80's
QS8's
VP150
EP800
Denon 4802
Emotiva XPA-3
Samsung BD-P3600
Sharp 65 Inch Aquos LCD