I'd say save your money and put it into your basement. Your basement has a huge head start as there is dirt surrounding at least 3 of your walls (is it a walk-out basement or enclosed?). My basement set-up was a walk-out, the HT was against the far wall from the opening and either side was underground. There were two small windows at the very top of the wall that I filled in with fiber-fill to make it darker and keep any unwanted noise out. I wish I still had that room for my current set-up. The entry level system I had down in that basement sounded great because of the room being so 'dead'. It was really dead, have you ever walked into a sound proof room or a really well insulated room and you could practically hear the silence? That's about what my basement was like. So the music filled the room completely, there were no external noises to have to contend with.

I never even knew of room treatments back then though. So it could have sounded even better. And then there are the Axiom speakers I have now, good God do I wish I could have listened to these down there! So yeah I'd just concentrate on getting the basement ready for your move down there. You should be MUCH happier once you get everything down there. I will tell you this, do you remember the pics of my HT closet I built? It does an excellent job of keeping all of my equipment quiet. All of the exhaust fans from the computers and so on all empty out into the rear of the closet, and I don't hear any of them. We live out in the country now, so my biggest annoyance is when the window air conditioner is running. It makes a lot of noise. But this winter will be better because we have an Edenpure than runs super quiet. I don't usually look forward to winter, but for this very reason, I'm looking forward to listening to my system in a nice, quiet setting.

Last edited by Micah; 08/03/09 04:12 PM.

My Stuff :

M80's
QS8's
VP150
EP800
Denon 4802
Emotiva XPA-3
Samsung BD-P3600
Sharp 65 Inch Aquos LCD