Wow, BIG scare just now!!! I was running the Emotiva most of the day yesterday, and was playing it at fairly high levels for quite some time last night. It performed flawlessly and I kept feeling the top of it (I moved it, I just couldn't take it being hidden away in the closet, so I modified the shelf below the tv to fit it by extending it out enough to accomodate the long XPA-3... there is no back to the shelf, and there is 3 1/2 inches on either side and 8 inches of clearance above it, so plenty of room to breath), and while it did feel warm, it never felt 'hot'. I also felt the Denon to compare it and it felt quite a bit cooler. But I never really felt it before while running it hard, so I couldn't tell you how much of a difference it made. Just that it did indeed run cooler than the Emotiva.

So anyways I was quite happy with every aspect of it's performance. I even left it hooked up to just the M80's for now as it will send around 400 watts to them in two channel mode! Ok so at the end of the night I shut her off and went to bed. Today I was out running around all day and when I got home around 45 minutes ago I immediately switched on the Emotiva (I just love watching those pretty blue lights come on). While it's hibernating the power button is red. Then when you push it a little red LED comes on in the lower left hand corner to signify it's checking channel 1. Then it goes out and a red LED comes on in the lower center of the screen to signify it's checking channel 2. Then it goes out and the same thing happens in the lower right hand portion of the screen signifying it's checking channel 3 and then the power button turns blue and all 3 blue LED's turn on signifying it's ready to rock. Well, as soon as I pushed the power button the first red LED comes on, hesitates for just a second, then starts flashing and the power button stays red... OH HEEEEEEEEEEEELL NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

For about a minute, minute and a half I sat there stunned, thinking my experience was about to take the same turn as a few others on this board did. The first thought that came to my mind was, "that was fast"!!! Then I finally looked up and noticed the Denon was off. I rarely if ever turn the Denon off so my fiancee must have. So I turn the Emotiva off, turn the Denon on, then hit the power button on the amp again and voila, success!!! WHEEEEEW, HUGE sigh of relief!!! I was so scared that I had already broken this amp that it about made me sick. But luckily it was a simple error on my part that caused the confusion. I'm hoping this will be the only time I ever see that flashing red light!

My Stuff :

M80's
QS8's
VP150
EP800
Denon 4802
Emotiva XPA-3
Samsung BD-P3600
Sharp 65 Inch Aquos LCD