I agree speaker break-in for the most part is BS but I can't help but wonder if the xover caps and inductors electrical properties somehow change and this is what people are perceiving? Audioholics did some tests on drivers basically proving driver changes are BS and the slight changes are only on the low end (did he test various sizes of drivers?). Thing is he didn't test a speaker with an xover only single drivers and none larger than 6.5". I have heard perceived break-in on a standalone LFE sub woofer that was noticeable but that sub at 15" has one huge spider. As for your full range loudspeakers with no drivers larger than 6", it's BS for the most part though again I can't help but wonder if the xover circuit's properties change somehow. Considering there is a plethora of cap materials/design I'm curious why someone hasn't tested the xovers to see if that's where these perceived changes are originating. A better test schedule would be test entire speaker as a system (xover, drivers and cab) then test individual drivers and then the xover components.

Solid-State

PS Cap break-in study

Last edited by SolidState; 09/17/09 05:59 PM.