Originally Posted By: jakewash
 Originally Posted By: michael_d
And I expected better from you. You quoted and baited me, and you know you did. Stop pretending to be the innocent victim. If you honestly did not intend to do so, I will be more than willing to offer you a sincere apology and buy you a beer.
I honestly did not try to bait you, my apologies to you as you certainly took it that way.

I was merely trying to bring to light your analogy with a tire tube was a myth that I have heard many times.

As you have pointed out, in industry it might be common practice to stretch the polymer to a more relaxed state but for the simplicity of installing a tire tube, stretching it is not necessary. I have installed more tire tubes in so many different wheels than I care to remember and I have never had one fail due to lack of stretching before installation as I have never stretched a tube.

Back to the topic of 'speaker break in' GR Research has a web page that demonstrates a measured amount of responsive break in on speakers, however they also state

"This objective data showing changes in the T/S parameters as the suspension loosens up does not prove noted subjective differences in the perceived output, or how a speaker sounds, but does prove that there is something more taking place than getting used to the sound."

http://www.gr-research.com/myths.htm

You guys are outrageous. Bunch of Cliff Clavins IMHO. To site GR Research when he's directly connected to Skiing Ninja and you guys attacked and insulted them both here, is so hypocritical. Did any of you consider my earlier post regarding xover component "break-in"?

Solid-State