Originally Posted By: michael_d
And I expected better from you. You quoted and baited me, and you know you did. Stop pretending to be the innocent victim. If you honestly did not intend to do so, I will be more than willing to offer you a sincere apology and buy you a beer.
I honestly did not try to bait you, my apologies to you as you certainly took it that way.

I was merely trying to bring to light your analogy with a tire tube was a myth that I have heard many times.

As you have pointed out, in industry it might be common practice to stretch the polymer to a more relaxed state but for the simplicity of installing a tire tube, stretching it is not necessary. I have installed more tire tubes in so many different wheels than I care to remember and I have never had one fail due to lack of stretching before installation as I have never stretched a tube.

Back to the topic of 'speaker break in' GR Research has a web page that demonstrates a measured amount of responsive break in on speakers, however they also state

"This objective data showing changes in the T/S parameters as the suspension loosens up does not prove noted subjective differences in the perceived output, or how a speaker sounds, but does prove that there is something more taking place than getting used to the sound."

http://www.gr-research.com/myths.htm

Jason
M80 v2
VP160 v3
QS8 v2
PB13 Ultra
Denon 3808
Samsung 85" Q70