I will try a DIY project once I've researched the hell out of speaker design. It's mostly the crossover's that I find baffling(no pun intended). I have yet to buy any books on design/theory, but so far have been browsing a number of websites to gather more info. I have a rather basic understanding of how crossovers work but there are obviously alot of variables involved and without both an understanding of what is actually "heard" when one makes certain changes or a way to accurately measure them it can be somewhat daunting. Nevertheless, I think with enough research, and some software to get "in the ballpark", I believe it would be extremely rewarding to build some nice speakers. I've contacted Solen, and they informed me that they would actually help with the process by recommending certain driver combinations, design the crossover for you(provided you buy the parts from them), or for a modest fee will build a pair of crossovers for you based on the driver manufacturer's data and your goals. They'll make recommendations on the type of crossover and crossover points ect.

Half of communication is listening. You can't listen with your mouth.