I think I'm ready to start getting advice on building my new computer. I don't have all of the money yet, but I will over the next few paychecks.

The things I'm pretty set on are that I'll get an Intel Core i7 Extreme processor and 160GB SSD. My friend who works for Intel says that there's a set he can get that includes those two items along with an Intel motherboard for around $1000. I don't know if it's the new P55 motherboard or not. My friend hasn't gotten back to me with the pricing list. Anyway, I know I want the CPU and SSD, but I'm not really sure on what motherboard(s) I should be looking at. Gigabit ethernet and eSATA are important to me. I would like two eSATA ports, if possible, but if that has to be an add-on card, I can live with that. Onboard audio isn't important. I'll use a USB DAC until I can utilize the HDMI audio output of the video card at some point (whenever I get around to purchasing an A/V receiver for my computer).

I imagine I'll only ever run one video card. I figured I'd make it one of the new Radeon cards, since I've been happy with the performance of the one that's a couple generations old.

I was also thinking I'd stick with an Antec case, since I really like the P182SE that I have now. I was thinking P193, but customer comments about not being able to fit bigger aftermarket coolers has me undecided. I definitely want a quiet CPU cooler, so it would be nice to know what my options are. I haven't had good luck with stock fans. Right now, I like the Zalman I'm using. I'm just not sure what will fit right in the P193, or what would be a better case to use. I like the front eSATA port on the P193, though of course I'd need a motherboard that can take advantage of that.

I also thought I'd stick with Corsair for a power supply. I imagine the 850-watt HX model would be a pretty safe bet.

Whatever advice you can give me would be appreciated, especially on motherboard, memory, and CPU coolers. Thanks!