Originally Posted By: myrison
Regarding SSD & Windows 7, to the OP, if it's just the idea/cool/geek factor of SSD that you like, more power to you and you have my envy. If you're really looking for huge and noticeable performance boots in everyday tasks, I'm not convinced from everything that I've read that it really will deliver a huge difference versus the extra cost you pay for the disk, even with Win 7's enhanced focus on SSD devices.

Nice to see you around, Jason. \:\)

SSDs are getting cheaper, and I'm also buying it at a discount. Yes, it's still more expensive than a normal hard drive, but besides the performance gains, I'm sure I'll appreciate the silence and low power consumption.

As for video card, I imagine I'll go for one of the new DirectX 11 cards. It would be so nice to go fanless, but I doubt I'll have the option. We'll see. Who knows. In the end I might go for something from the last generation with the plan to upgrade it when there are more options available.

That's great to hear about ripping Blu-rays. I would love to do that at some point, but I'm not to the point of really looking into it.