Originally Posted By: kcarlile
Driver quirks don't cause motherboard beeps. Sounds like a poorly constructed card. Also, if the fan is dying, that could cause many of those errors.

The fan is sounding ugly, but spinning ok.
I will be replacing it soon (have to buy another after market gpu cooler again).
However, on shutdown or standby, driver issues could cause a lock in the vidcard hardware providing such a problem.
That lock could remain through a warm reboot and hence why clearing the problem can only be done through a cold reboot.

But i do agree it is more likely an issue with the hardware (card itself or incompatibility with the system...say m/b or ram).

Quote:
All in all, I'd say that problems with video cards have more to do with the card manufacturers than the GPU makers, barring major driver problems--which I've sen with both the green team and the red team.

True, but i've had ATI cards when the GPU maker WAS the card maker. Like i said, once they get performing the ATI cards perform as expected.
I have just noticed personally more weird glitches with ATI cards than with nVidia.
I think my count for cards goes as such, back to 1998:
2 Matrox
4 ATI (3 Radeons)
4 nvidia

"Those who preach the myths of audio are ignorant of truth."