Originally Posted By: fredk
Chess. Is it driver quirks on the ATI card then? I am looking at one of the new lower end 5 series cards to bitstream bluray in my HTPC. I will probably wait a few months for the [major] bugs to get ironed out though.

Possibly though i have updated drivers twice since having the card and nothing has changed, or possibly a quirk with the BIOS and this particular m/b.
I've never had this issue in the past, though other, similarly baffling things, but only with ATI cards.
Their performance when running is on par with what you read in reviews, but their glitches all around are many.
Searches on the net typically find patches, workarounds, etc. but i ask why i have to do that in the first place.

Quote:

I love my Corsair ps. It is unbelievably quiet and the cabling is very nicely wrapped. The only thing that would make my psu nicer is detachable cables so I could remove the uneeded cables. I think they do that in the bigger supplies (mine is only 450W).

The Corsair HX series all have detachable cables. The power cables are a bit of a stiff plastic sheathing though. I wish it was a bit nicer of material, higher quality, easier to bend.

"Those who preach the myths of audio are ignorant of truth."