The nature of this thread reminds me of a situation I had at a Toyota dealer several years ago. I was in the market for a full size pickup truck, but was holding off on my purchase of Silverado because I wanted to see the new (at the time) Tundra. So I went to a Toyota dealer down in Mississauga, naturally the salesman sniffed me out and asked me what I was looking for. I replied I wanted to see the new Tundra(2001) but it looked as if they weren't in yet, which he confirmed. "You looking for a full size truck?" he says...."Yes, I wanted to see it to compare with the other full sized trucks before I make a decision" to which he rather arrogantly says to me.."Is there really any competion for the new Tundra?"

OK!! NOW IT'S OWWN!! I had already read up on the specs for the Tundra from various magazines and articles and also knew the specs on both GM and Ford inside out so I proceded to ask him such questions like why the Toyota had a more "modern" 4 valve engine with a smaller displacement than the GM but got worse mileage and also gave up some 40 hp and similar torque....I then told him I thought the Toyota's brakes were inadequate, as was the towing capacity, payload, cabin room ect ect. He just kind of stood there and didn't say anything.

Anyway, not trying to pick on Toyota here, I've bumped into similar salesmen at Ford and Chev too. I'd much rather have a salesman say something like "Yes, brand 'x' is fine but here's what our brand has to offer..."

Half of communication is listening. You can't listen with your mouth.