Originally Posted By: SRoode
1) There is definitely more driver throw. I only have to have the gain at about 50% to get the same throw I get on my other EP800 when it is at 90%.
2) Bass appears to be "tighter" or "punchier". I tried playing several songs last night that have quick bass, and there really appears to be a difference bewteen both of my EP800s. I even called my wife in and did a blind A-B test, and she was able to tell all three times which was the new versus the old amp.

I can confirm there is a profound difference. There is quite a lot more driver movement with the new amp. I'll have to redo the AS-EQ1 calibration at some point, but I'll wait until I have both EP800s running the new amp.

Speaking of which, when I opened the sub with the issue to double-check the wiring, it was, indeed, hooked up correctly, so something must have happened to the amp in shipping to give it that weird tapping sound. I'll get in contact with JC about getting yet another amp shipped to me.

With the number of amp problems that have come up, I'm wondering how financially viable it would be for Axiom to simply design the amps and have someone else manufacture them, kind of like how some companies design computer chips and have someone else actually make them. If there's a large enough operation out there that could produce the amps at a similar cost and at a higher reliability, maybe at some point the Axiom products with amplifiers could start going down in price. The other option is, of course, for something to change in Axiom's own process. I just don't know how much money it would take to revamp their manufacturing. Maybe my impressions about problems are inaccurate, but if it's as much of an issue as it seems to be, what's the best way to remedy it?