Originally Posted By: Ukiah

“Intellectual right”, is this not an oxymoron?

Just at much as the “Intellectual left.”.

When ones interpretation of the world is heavily constrained by political believes it is IMO no different than seeing the world through religious beliefs. “Secular Humanism” and it’s associated beliefs is as much a religion as any of the traditional ones. One difference however, most of worlds major religions in existence today have survived the test of time something yet to be achieved by the secular humanists.

The problem for me with “Intellectuals” of any ilk is that they claim to better know how I should live my life than I do, of course it‘s always for the common good, children, small furry animals . . . . For any given individual it may be only about wanting to feel they are “doing the right thing,” but for the collective movements its about the power to make heretics like me conform to their beliefs.

For the record I don’t make any effort to watch/listen to the news. NPR (and it’s affiliates, BBC, local community radio) driving to work is about all I get. If someone turns on any news at work I leave the room because it‘s all mindless crap on the boob tube and commercial radio.

If the world comes to an end I will be dead and not care. If we go to war someone will call me or tell me when I show up at work. Cant’ see much else I’d need to know about that won‘t be the “talk of the town“ should I have a laps and be interested. Been on the “no news wagon” for 3 years now and I’ve got more time to enjoy other things and fell much healthier (less anger about things over which I have no control). Best thing about it is how clearly one can think when not being bombarded by constant propaganda.

3M80 2M22 6QS8 2M2 1EP500 Sony BDP-S590 Panny-7000 Onkyo-3007 Carada-134 Xbox Buttkicker AS-EQ1