I believe that the majority if not all of the problems in the world today have to do with the disconnection. If people believe that their food comes from the supermarket, and their water from the tap, then they will defend to the death that system or those mediums because your life depends on it. But if people believe that their water comes from a stream, and their food from a land based product or say hydroponics, then people would do the same, and the world would be much better off.

I remember somebody posting about cattle being one of, if not the largest contributing factor to global warming because of the methane gas they produce, which is true, but this doesn't take the onus off human beings. We are the ones that started the agricultural revolution, and I would venture to bet that there wouldn't have ever been anywhere close to as many cattle in North America if we didn't have anything to do with cattlespace in the first place. Industrialized farming, or "totalitarian agriculture" is the causation, and we are responsible.

As for science, the only problem that I have with it is that before it existed, humans understood the universe, how to relate to the universe. Now science comes in and tells us how to run the universe, which sometimes throws things off base.

Also, there are great clips on YouTube from "Winter Soldier" conferences/testimony via Iraq and Afghanistan veterans against the war. The "Winter Soldier" movie I was referring to are accounts and testimony from the Vietnam War. The title is a famous line from the great man Thomas Paine, but without googling it, I can't remember exactly how it goes. I really urge those who might have a slight interest in this media, to check out the new "Winter Soldier" testimony available on YouTube; very moving and gripping stuff.

Last edited by wheelz999; 02/16/10 07:15 PM.

The only reasonable argument for owning a gun is to protect yourself from the police.