I agree with Ken's original post.

In the interest of full disclosure, when I was in the market for a $600 sub 6 years ago, I ended up with an SVS. A major factor in my decision was that I wanted a down-firing form factor. Since then, I have heard Axiom subs and been very favorably impressed.

Here's my problem - I have no idea how many subs Axiom sells. We - as forum-dwellers - only see their business through the lens of what is posted here, not through production and accounting. So, I really have no idea what percentage of defects we're talking about here. And I will add the old adage that it's not what happens to you, it's how you respond that matters.

In addition, we all know that once something is posted on the internet, it never goes away and it takes reasonable scrutiny to ascertain the credibility of each individual message. The concept of free, broad-based publishing implies new responsibilities for both author and reader relative to our freedoms. Bill, have you heard Axiom subwoofers? The more often something is repeated, the closer it gets to Internet Truth regardless of its origin.

Finally, from a Cosmic perspective, I'm trying to do good. I absolutely want to hear about positive experiences regardless of manufacturer. If we're having asset-based (rather than deficit-based) conversations, people can more easily draw their own conclusions. I want Axiom to do well because I enjoy and appreciate their products, their people and their business model. I don't see how perpetuating the "Axiom subs are not a good value" opinion on the Axiom board does anyone "good".

bibere usque ad hilaritatem