Originally Posted By: Argon

This thread has been on topic for a long time. Tagging on to Dean's comments, I went to the NHRA "4 Wide" top fuel drag races last Saturday in Charlotte. I had never been to a drag race before - and of course, they start with the lesser horsepower stuff first. I was not prepared for the Top Fuel boys & women when they came out. Each "car" "rocket" puts out 8,000 hp. At 4 wide the effect was nothing short of incredible. I am sure that there was some "stuff" in the 13 hz and below range here. To further heighten the effect, we stood at the start line - you could actually get quite close - when the light went green, the result was nothing short of indescribable. I am sure that either my eyeballs or my optic nerve vibrated as the entire scene sort of pixelated. I did not puke, BTW but I did utter a few expletives.

I use to go to the drag races when the top fuel cars were in town when I was a teenager. I can smell the rubber and nitro when I think back on it. I remember that it is hard to watch anything slower than Pro Stock once you have seen the top fuel cars.