So here is how the last 10 mins have played out. I'm on the phone with SVS super excited as I'm ordering the Ultra 13. 3 Mins later I'm giddy as I tell my buddy at work. 2 Mins later I start to think about my wife's reaction when a massive box arrives at our door while she is at home and I am at work. 3 mins ago until now I'm super nervous and fearful! She's going to be mad! I'm reflecting on one of our recent conversations while I was researching subs in bed. She looked over at my laptop and said "you are NOT spending $2000 on a subwoofer" to which I did not have a witty reply to. Any ideas on how to soften the blow? I did get the rosenut finish so it should look very nice. And really under all this fear I'm still super excited. It is really what I wanted, I just had a hard time bringing myself to put down the money - especially with the negative outside influence ; )

In the end I didn't like the looks of the ED, and the size and weight gave me concerns as my room is small (not that the svs is tiny by any means), the HSU ULS-15 looked nice but shipped would've been within $500 and I was doubting that performance would equal the SVS. I had looked at some lower cost alternatives, but I was so worried that I would be underwhelmed and always second guessing my decision. With the SVS I think I'll have no regrets, other than the fury of a scorned wife that is!

I'm one happy guy! Now, recommendations on making the wife happy. Any?