An update for you all. My wife and I were talking about the basement a few days ago and what we still have to order/buy/do and I casually mentioned that I had ordered the sub and that it's on it's way because I got a deal on it and all she said was "ok." All that worry for nothing! Of course it hasn't arrived yet and I'm anticipating the discussion on "and why do we need a sub this big in our tiny theater?" to which I will reply "you'll see!" I'm very glad at this time I did not go with the ED sub, it just would've been bigger and heavier. I'm really happy with my decision to go the SVS route. I'm sure when it comes to AV purchases there may be some women out there that are more understanding but overall she hasn't batted an eye at all of my theater purchases which is making up more than a quarter of our entire basement budget. But like Micah said no lady is perfect in all areas, I'm pretty darn happy with mine.

On a side note have any of you who have ordered from the factory outlet been able to see the flaws on your speakers?