Originally Posted By: Bakajon
sweetness. Say I notice that woofer has left and right outs as well as being bi-ampable if I am looking at the plugs right? You can single amp it just fine through the denon 589 avr right?
You use the subwoofer preout on the Denon which is a low level output. The sub has it's own amp so it only needs a signal. The volume will be controlled by the sub out and marginally by the output level you select on the avr. the other option is for high level inputs. This when you connect the main speaker wires to the sub and it uses that signal instead, (This is not Biamping) the speaker lines are then connected to the other set of terminals and continue on to the main speakers.

Quote:
If any individual speaker is over-powered I can always tweak the power per speaker using the avr right? never used one before.
correct. I can't remember if the 589 has an auto setup or not, if it does then it will adjust the speaker volume levels equally when run. If not then you will want to get an SPL(Sound Pressure Level) meter. Radio Shack sells a very common, cheap one that works. When/If you get one we can help with it's use.

Jason
M80 v2
VP160 v3
QS8 v2
PB13 Ultra
Denon 3808
Samsung 85" Q70