In reply to:

When I bought my Hsu, it came with a cheater plug, and buzzed like crazy if I didn't use the cheater.

With that piece of info, i would say you probably have your answer.
I have had no issues with ground loops in my home and yet a friend of mine, who specifically built his basement with all sorts of 'proper' and 'extra' wiring issues in mind still has ground loops.
He has to use a cheater plug with his sub as well but the rest of his components are fine. If he moves the sub to another outlet, it works fine, except that his sub is no longer in a prime location.

I can understand the reasons for not wanting to remove the ground plug from the equation, however using the cheater plug briefly to eliminate the ground loop as the cause of the noise should not damage your equipment any more than it would have to your Hsu. That being said, call Klaus first and if he agrees, then give it a go. At least you have permission from the man who would do any repair if it actually came to that.
Someone can correct me if i'm wrong but i believe if you use a cheater plug but then plug into a surge protector you are essentially adding a ground protection right back in again.

Got any pics coming on that Odyssey?
I would love to see it. The pics on the website are limited.

"Those who preach the myths of audio are ignorant of truth."