In reply to:

Why do they root for a species other than their own? Do they loathe other humans? Do they loathe themselves?

I think just the opposite is true because without those "other" species it is difficult for our own species to survive(we have to be able to manage them in order to ravage them). One of the negative things that set us apart from other species(including plants)is the greed factor. I don't think most "environmentalists" are so much opposed to having enough "habitat" for humans but are opposed to destroying other species' habitats for short term profits. Not to mention the detrimental effect on the ecosystem as a whole(to which we are a part of, like it or not). It's kind of along the lines of: "Don't crap where you eat".

In reply to:

Man expands his habitat

So do virus'. Unchecked, a virus will ravage it's host until the host dies and then has to look for another host to survive. Hmmmm.....could this be why we as a species are looking towards other planets(permanent moon base, missions to mars, etc.) as host sites for humans? What if there were no "environmentalists"? What if nobody cared? There would be no checks and balances. Where would this lead to?

Just food for thought from a different perspective. Boy, did this thread take a different route or what.

I live the life I love and I love the life I live.