I'll have you know, BigWill, that I do not "lack religion." I believe that that has nothing whatsoever to do with my environmental beliefs, and in fact may support them. I also know many other people you would brand as environmentalists do not "lack religion." Say, my mother, who is a United Methodist minister.

In addition, I'm not one you might brand as a "tree-hugger." I'm not an activist. I'm just interested in science. Read some magazines such as Natural History, National Geographic, or Smithsonian sometime. You might learn that there is reason to be afraid.

I can see your point of view, (humans do need a place to live) but you seem to be making little effort to see mine. Perhaps a compromise is more than order than the "nature must be subjugated to our will, since we are the most important things ever" or my (possibly percieved) earlier "humans must all die, because we will kill everything else."

Who does it hurt to put environmental controls on factories?

Who does it hurt to drive hybrids instead of (large, unnecessary) SUVs?

Guess what. I'm also a car nut. I read Road and Track. I drive a Volvo 850 Turbo wagon. Don't try to pigeonhole me, and I'll try not to do the same to you.

Last edited by kcarlile; 01/18/04 10:32 PM.

I am the Doctor, and THIS... is my SPOON!