Wow! spiff's stratos in silver looks great!

In reply to:

How well does the unit dissipate heat?
It appears as if there is a solid cover on the top (no grills or vents)

My Stratos stays "slightly warm" to the touch even after long, loud sessions. It still amazes me after almost two years. The stratos has huge "fin" like sinks on each side that seem to extrude from within the unit so that if you are looking at it from the side they look like open louver slats(as you can tell from Craig's great photos). The unit as a whole has a sleek, simple, understated beauty. The thick front face plate has an etched glass plate with the Odyssey logo illuminated in green. Craig's newer unit has an updated "led" blue glow. Klaus is going to send me a replacement kit (no more bulbs) to change mine to the new blue lights because my bulbs have burned out.

The Odyssey will not fit into a standard size entertainment cabinet. The stratos does not have grills or vents. The top cover is a thick removable aluminum plate. The inside is clean and well laid out. I leave mine on all the time as well (I know, I know but this is Texas and "dubya" is looking out for us on the energy front. I know your original post was to spiff but I just love talking bout' my stratos.

I live the life I love and I love the life I live.