I’d just go W – M – T – M – W and call it a 6 ohm speaker. The cabinet would be about 4” longer than the M60 (or taller standing on end). Pretty much the same thing as the VP180, but with one, centered tweeter verses two tweeters. Some folks (actually a lot) do not like the idea of a center with more than one tweeter. I’d play around with the porting some too. Seeing how it’s a center, and placed horizontally, you could port it downward, or at the ends. I’d rather the ports be downward as I would not be able to see them and if the center was mounted above the screen, just flip it over and the ports would be up, and again, not visible. If the cabinet depth could be reduced a few inches by porting or some other form of CAD wizardry, it may be possible to mount the thing with two or three FMB’s (especially if the ports were on the bottom verses the back).

Edit: I keep forgetting that some folks need to lay the center on a shelf or on the top of a TV. Ports on the bottom wouldn't work too well for these situations. I wonder if ports could be on the ends and the bottom and simply plug the ports that would not be usable?

Last edited by michael_d; 06/21/10 03:13 PM.