Originally Posted By: michael_d
...Pretty much the same thing as the VP180, but with one, centered tweeter verses two tweeters

See, I think that's a problem. If Axiom is going to introduce a FOURTH center channel (not including the inwall/onwall stuff), it should be sufficiently different in form factor to warrant interest from people that don't find the other, existing options appealing.

If the impedance is the ONLY factor driving the issue, then Mike's scenario is a no-brainer. But I think that anybody with the money and real estate for a center that big is probably going to also be able to find a way to drive a 4-6 ohm speaker and can just get a VP180.

Originally Posted By: michael_d
...it may be possible to mount the thing with two or three FMB’s (especially if the ports were on the bottom verses the back)...I keep forgetting that some folks need to lay the center on a shelf or on the top of a TV.

Right. Users should be able to wall-mount OR shelf-mount it easily and elegantly. Honestly, I don't think having ports on the back is a big issue at all.

Lots of existing and potential customers want to "step up" from the VP100, but the VP150 and VP180 may both have some fatal flaws for them (the misplaced perception that having two tweeters is "bad", the large size of both). I think Axiom can address ALL of these factors, but not by making yet another exceedingly long speaker. It should be something geared toward people that have narrower spaces to work with, either in the room or in their equipment racks. Not much wider than a VP100 but a bit taller to accommodate the larger woofers.

bibere usque ad hilaritatem