To add to the humor portion, I'll throw in this hardly related story.

I once tried using the water analogy on a coworker in trying to explain the difference between what our company describes a "access speed" vs. "service speed" on fiber circuits.

My explanation:
If you were building a house and needed some pipes to get water from your well to your sink, there would be different size pipes.
Lets say instead of MB per second, we are talking water so lets call it "liters per second." You know you need to be able to pump through 5 liters per second at your sink ((yes I know that's a crazy number.)) That would be your desired "Service Speed".

When you go to the hardware store, the pipes come rated for only two sizes, the small one is 10 liters per second but the bigger one is rated for 100 liters per second. These pipe sizes are the "access speeds."

Either one would support your smaller service requirement of 5 LpS but the bigger one is going to cost you more. However, the smaller one will be limited to a max of 10 LpS, should you ever find a need for much more water flow later on.

Her Response:
"Ohhh, I get it. So the Access speed is the size of the pipe and I'd only need a 100MB pipe if I needed more Service speed than what the 10MB pipe can hold." (Yeah, I think shes got it!!!)
"But what is the water for, to keep the fiber cool?"

(DOH!!!, slaps forehead and gives up.)

With great power comes Awesome irresponsibility.