Originally Posted By: nickbuol
I still have my HD-DVD hooked up, and we've even watched some HD-DVD flicks in the past couple of months. Mainly because my youngest has gotten huge into Harry Potter (she was too young when the rest of the youth out there got into it the first go around) and all but 1 of those movies (or is it 2) I have on HD-DVD.

It was a great format, and in many cased superior to Blu-Ray at the time, but if you throw enough money (and at times arguably false, or misleading advertising) into any tech battle, you will eventually win.

Two years later, I really don't care any more. The investment "lost" into a dead format was minimal, and I got to enjoy HD content much sooner than if I had waited for Blu-Ray to get its act together.

Ummmmm what?

No offense but how was HD DVD better? It had less space, that alone is enough reason for its death. Have you seen the Avatar Blu Ray just the movie takes a whole 50 GBs. And with the advent of 3D your are most likely going to have to split that in 2 discs. BTW do you know who ended the Blu Vs HD war? Warner Bros, Did you know Warner basically owned HD DVD? They got money off every single player and disc sold period. And they choose Blu Ray in the end because they knew HD DVD was a failure because of its size limits. Blu Ray still might fail because of its size limit

Sorry if it sounds like I am trying to fight. But it just makes me crazy when people still complain about red Vs blu Blu won because it was better. Vhs won because it was cheaper, downloads will win because they are easier

M80s QS8s VP150 SVS 25-31 Rotel RSX-1560