Griffith, I meant that you could ignore me, not that I was ignoring you. Since you have only been around here a couple of months, I wanted to make sure that you were aware of that option.

So, this dead horse has been beaten to death enough, I'd say. But I just ask for you to consider how you have posted here and what type of tone that sets for this site, that frankly is one of the most friendly home theater sites around.

Your very first post is about your "mistake" with buying M60 speakers. Sirquack called you out on that one. Your second thread is actually very good in your asking for advice. Same with your 3rd posting about what you called biwiring. Then comes the "I'm stuck with my M60s" post, again Sirquack jumped in to comment about being "stuck" with them. As for your comments on Alice in Wonderland, I've never seen a post use the word "poop" so much... But I agree with you assessment. smile
You next post about fantasy football, honestly I never read. Then comes your foray into this thread. First words "Ummmmm what?" and then starts the combative comments in response to someone stating that at the time it had some things that were better about it. So on and so forth.

So that was 3 negative toned and 3 non-negative toned set of posts. At a 50% ratio for someone who hasn't been around very long, it is hard to figure out your personality type and how you fit into this whole group here. Most people are cautious at first, and then let gripes and such fly in the water cooler after they have been around for a while. It just reminds me of another large home theater forum that many people here stopped being really active in years ago because people got hostile if you called their product bad, or if you told them that they wasted their money on $50 a foot speaker cables...

If you look back, I ranted years ago about the whole format war, but like I said in the post that you quoted, I don't care who won or not any more. This whole debate was about facts and what each of us thinks was right. As I already stated, why so argumentative? "Your" format won, and I have the privilege of watching movies on both formats and was able to get a number of HD-DVDs for nothing (thanks CV) or next to nothing vs. having to buy them on Blu for $20-$30 a pop. Sounds like a win-win for everyone. Can we move on? I leave the ball in your court sir.

Last edited by nickbuol; 07/07/10 02:42 AM.

Farewell - June 4, 2020