Wow. Thank all of you so much. This is probably the best response to a forum post I have ever had.

ClubNeon: I can't wait to get home and reconfig my sub and rerun MCACC. Great advice!

Grunt (Dean): Acoustically Transparent screen isn't an option for me. Most of them have too much texture and this is a MAJOR concern because my whole theater is run from an HTPC (Home theater PC). A white browser page like this forum will reveal ANY texture and imperfection in a screen.

Your advice regarding 7.1 is something I thought of initially and I agree. My Pioneer 1019 does support 7.1 audio but I thought there wasn't much point given that DTS and Dolby are only 5.1 audio paths. Does the receiver automatically duplicate the rear surrounds to the sides with 5.1 content?

Multiple subwoofers may be in the long term plan. I was debating ordering the Axiom Master System 7.1 and using the SVS 10 with the Axiom 500. I'm not sure about the Axiom 500 vs an SVS 12 though. My desk is behind the second row of seating and right now the sub is between the wall and the desk (behind the right side of the couch). See photos linked at the top to get an idea.

Subwoofer placement confuses me. In such a long theater with concrete all around I can't figure out why some people recommend the woofer on the screen wall. That's 9+ feet from the nearest seating and 12+ feet from optimal seating. By putting the woofer next to my desk behind my couch my LFE is startling for only a 10 inch sub. Lovin' the SVS! It's so good now I can't imagine a second 12 inch sub. My dog is going to hate it!

I'll wait on Acoustic treatments until I'm done. Good idea.

Murph:

1. So the M22s sound like a great idea so far. A friend of mine just upgraded to a $7000 dollar Totem Forest, Thunder surround system. He offered to let me borrow his Klipsch Heresy IIs which just happen to be the perfect height to test how much better the audio will be with speakers off the walls. 22 inches in height just barely fits under my screen. I know the Heresy IIs are horns so they won't sound like the M22 but should I try them anyway to test acoustics?

2. Speaker wire under the baseboards is a great idea but I have a 2 inch diameter spool of cables coming out of my Theater closet at the back of the room. Theoretically I'll have 7 speaker wires, a USB 3 cable, a subwoofer cable, a DVI cable for my monitor and right now I have an extension cable because there is no outlet in the closet (YET).

I'll take some photos tonight and post them.

Last edited by pastuch; 07/13/10 05:48 PM.