Originally Posted By: pastuch
If I set the 1019 to Prologic IIx will it still play the TrueHD or DTS HD MA tracks properly?

Stereo listening to 7.1: Do many of you actually listen to musc with prologic on? Do you find it enhances the music?

You can get a pretty good, "set and forget", if you press the "Auto/Direct" button on the remote until it says "Auto". Then play some 5.1 content, and press the "SBch" button until it says "On". That'll give you PLIIx for 5.1 Dolby bitstreams and LPCM, or NEO:6 for 5.1 DTS bitstreams. Stereo will come out stereo.

That said, I use LPCM input exclusively, letting my player do the decoding. I also force the receiver to decode everything with ProLogic IIx, including audio which was orginally DTS before the player turned it to PCM. I just prefer the way Dolby's processing sounds.

I used to use PLIIx Music for stereo music, but since getting my VP150, and not upgrading my crappy Sony mains yet, I don't need the center channel information spread to the left and right. So PLIIx Movie does just as good a job, as Music with the center width set to 0, and the rest of the settings at their default. Once I upgrade my mains I may to back to Music, and let the increase the center spread again.

(I suggest people who do like PLIIx Music, who have centers which are as good, or better than their mains try PLIIx Movie to see how it sounds for you.)

Pioneer PDP-5020FD, Marantz SR6011
Axiom M5HP, VP160HP, QS8
Sony PS4, surround backs
-Chris