Originally Posted By: ClubNeon
I'll take #4.

When using a receiver which does it's own crossover processing, like the 1019 does, you should disable, or set the crossover in the sub's amp to its max. Since yours has a bypass switch, I'd use that (and set it to max).

The phase is more difficult. Unfortunately the right answer is, "what ever works best in your room", but again since you're using a Pioneer with phase alignment, the best may be to just set it to 0°, and let the receiver's MCACC do the adjustment.

I have never heard music sound this good in my theater before! SVS builds magic subs! Since disabling cross-over, changing the phase to 0, changing the speakers to "small" and disabling all the audio processing on my PC I am BLOWN AWAY. My sub makes even my mediocre $300 Sinclair Audio speakers sound great. I guess I could use the AVR or my PC for processing and surround but why bother! HUUUUGE GRIN on my face right now. Configuration is paramount! I need better speakers asap.

The new Phoenix album (Wolfgang Amadeus Phoenix) sends tingles up my spine!

If the base model SVS sounds this awesome the higher end models are going to make me cry.

I really do wonder about mixing in a more musical sub with the SVS... Tomorrow I'm going to educate myself on multi-sub setups.

EDIT: MOVIES SOUND EVEN BETTER! I have to sleep now.

Last edited by pastuch; 07/14/10 04:50 AM.