Speaker Experience:

I've never heard a horn tweeter speaker before so I have no clue if I will like it or not. I have heard most of Totems line of speakers and generally been very impressed but they cost a lot. The $7000 Winds blew my mind (store demo with full Macintosh rack). I've also generally been impressed with Energy speakers. They sound great with Rock. I have Sinclair and Mirage speakers right now and I find both sets fatiguing. They just can't do Rock or Rap the way I want them to. I think they sound too bright. I recently bought a couple of NAD amps that are excellent and I'm quite happy with.

Dolby ProLogic IIx and Neo6:
OK, I hate changing settings on my AVR. I use bitstreaming through my PC in Windows Media Center and while it's very nice that the OS doesn't mess with the audio it drives me crazy that I have to use my AVR remote to control volume.

If I set the 1019 to Prologic IIx will it still play the TrueHD or DTS HD MA tracks properly?

"I like my surround speakers directly to the side of my head (that's were my ears are), but found that with 5.1 content which pans from side to side in the surround channel, it seems to go over-head rather than around behind me. Though another way to fix it, is to place the surrounds slightly behind the listening position." < This is my current setup.

Stereo listening to 7.1: Do many of you actually listen to musc with prologic on? Do you find it enhances the music?

Grunt (Dean): I just noticed your sig. Very nice setup. Three m80s? Is one of them your center? I'm a little jealous of your Panny 4000. The only thing that scares me is the non-sealed light-path in the Panasonics. I still LOVE my Benq W5000. It's such a great projector, total reliability, amazing lumens, DLP "Film like display". My friend has the Epson 6500ub and I swear I prefer the W5000. I heard your 4000 is very comparable to the new Epson 8500ub so I'm sure you have deeper blacks. I think I'll wait for the LED bulb PJs with the 40000 hour bulb life before upgrading. Also excellent choice on the BDP83... if I didn't have a PS3 I'd buy that in a heartbeat.

Back to audio... I have to watch that subwoofer crawl video. It's bloody tempting to buy a second hand subwoofer. My local Kijiji (Used site) has so many 1k$ plus woofers for $200 to $400 it's crazy.

Last edited by pastuch; 07/13/10 09:06 PM.