Originally Posted By: Murph
I'll throw something at # .5
I can't speak directly for the 1019 but don't assume that your receiver won't drive 4 ohm speakers just because they are not rated for it. It is rare that you will find a receiver company actually state that it is 4 ohm compatible even when most are as long as you are not pushing ridiculous volumes. They are just being overly cautious in many cases, although there are some models that have displayed problems. Your room is not very big so you won't need to push things at all to go as loud or louder than you need.

Has this actually been determed yet by anyone? I've been looking for an answer to this question for my Pioneer VSX-919 (virtually identical model) as to whether or not 4 ohm speakers would be safe to run. I've developed upgraditis with my M60s and VP150, looking to get a pair of M80s and VP180 in the near future with my bigger space I've aquired since a recent move. I'd rather not have to invest in a new AVR if I don't have to as it's only about a year old.

M60|VP150|2xQS8|PSA XS30+Epik Empire|Pioneer Kuro 6010FD|PS3|Denon AVR-X4000|Parasound 5250v.2|