Originally Posted By: Robert_W
OK folks, in the continuing saga of the 600 ...here goes.

Got my replacement amp today but it seems to be a refurbished unit. frown I'm not positive but it looks that way. Gone are the trim control and there are no fuses. It also has a couple of minor scrapes, which aren't a big deal, where the screws mount to the cabinet. This is kind of disappointing as I was under the impression that I was to be receiving a new amp. Especially since the 1st and 2nd ones were not covered by the 5 year warranty....only 3 years....and I had to pay for this replacement.

The piece of paper came with the unit also states "This replacement subwoofer has all the current upgrades we have made since we launched this product." It also goes onto describe the replacement steps, in rather broken English, and makes reference to blue and white wires. There are none. Just the standard red and black banana type screw ons. There's also a "QC" sticker covering up the normal "SA" spot. The old unit is silver and this "new" one is gold.

Then it goes on to describe removing the woofer itself and running the blue and white wires to it. confused There is no need for this.

Again, I'm no expert but it sure looks like a refurbished unit especially given that the sheet they send with it makes reference to attached wires and colors that don't exist. Here's a picture side by side. Old amp on the left...."new" replacement on right.

Seeing that this is the 3rd amp in this thing it's kind of a bummer. frown Thought I was getting the latest. If some one could confirm this I'd appreciate it. I hope it's newer any way.

The amp layouts above look nothing like the amp that is on the website currently. If I were to guess the one you have is an older version of the amps that had the trim control feature removed and replaced with that of a subsonic filter switch. A current EP600 amp is pictured below.

http://www.axiomaudio.com/gallery_display2.html?image=amp.jpg&title=EP600%20-%20Amp

I’m armed and I’m drinking. You don’t want to listen to advice from me, amigo.

-Max Payne