Well I'd like to report that the 4th time is the charm. But unfortunately it is not.

Got the 4th amp today wired it up and thought this had to be the one. After all how many amps can possibly be bad? The first two, yup, no doubt. They were dead. The 3rd one that they sent, the refurb, had absolutely no output. Kaput out of the box.

So now the 4th. First thing I notice when I take it out is that it's fractions lighter. Like 1/3rd the weight of the previous versions. That and the black boot isn't attached at all. It just sort of hangs there by the blue and white wires. No matter, lets get it wired. But alas the pre-wired cable that they have already attached to the binding posts is too short. OK....so I physically turn the amp 180 degrees upside down to mount it in the cabinet. It's the only way that it will fit and allow the wires to get to the woofer.

At this point I don't care if the amp mounts upside down. I just want it to work. So plug it in and turn it on! Eh....is it on? Well....sort of. Cranked all the way up it's nominal. No where near what the original or second amps were volume wise.

So again I break out the EP350 and set it next to the 600. At 2/3 volume it blows away the 600 at full. Same thing with my M&K. They rock my world. Night and day difference. The 600 is just sort of anemic. Yes working but at a fraction of it's original self.

Talked to them again. Re-checked the wiring 5 times. All is good. The speaker itself seems to be fine. There is no sign of damage. No crackling, no static, no sign of anything wrong with it. But no answers as of yet.

Could they have sent an EP500 amp instead of the 600? Just from the pictures on the sight they look identical. How would I tell? Might be the reason that the wires were too short? Maybe account for the lack of output? I don't know. Just grasping at straws now really.

I assure you that I'm not a complete idiot. And I would really like nothing more than to have a working sub again. I'm also not trying to trash talk these folks. They've been quite pleasant to deal with. But I do think that people need to be made aware of these issues. I can't be alone in this. Just a little venting cause the down time is driving me nuts. It's now been many months in total without a working sub. Rather discouraging. I'm just to the point of so much frustration with it that I'm about ready to say screw it and give up.

So does any one have any ideas? Am I cursed or what? Maybe I built my house on top of an old burial ground? Dunno...