House, thanks for posting that link. I'm absolutely convinced that they sent me a refurbished unit now. Some of the things Brent said to me make sense now. At first he thought they they needed to send me a 1/4 RCA adapter because there wasn't one on the new unit. I had no idea what he was talking about and told him there was and it didn't matter cause I was using XLR. He had sort of a quick "ah humina humina" moment and realized that I really didn't have a new amp I'm sure. Same thing with the colored wiring. He was telling about the new amp, assuring me that they had sent me a new one, then realized they hadn't and changed stride mid stream. Then quickly recovered and changed to "Oh....there's 2 different new versions". Yeah OK right.

So this brings forth all sorts of questions. If they did away with separate RCA connections and integrated them with the XLR doesn't this defeat the purpose of the XLR in the first place? Especially if an adapter is now used? How does one keep the signals separate? How does it work?

And even more importantly now that I've seen this I've lost a great deal of respect for these folks. I absolutely feel like I've been lied to and treated like hopefully I'd be just another dumb consumer that would accept a BS answer and just go away. They're trying to cover their asses / losses and send out older refurbed stuff under the guise of new. NOT cool at all. mad

These amp issues are obviously known to them. If they want to retain their so called great customer service then own up to it and send out a new amp in the first place. Especially when I paid for it and was told that was what I was getting!