Originally Posted By: sirquack
on my 10ft wide 2.35 screen, my eyes are near the bottom of the screen in the first row and about 1/3 of the way up in the second row, which was the recommendation by many AVS forum members.

How far is the bottom and top of your screen from the floor? Not measuring the frame.

Mine will be about 28 inches from floor to a height of 78 inches. Sitting in a recliner puts my eyes at 40 inches. This puts 21 inches below eyes and 38 inches above eyes, so, I guess that's a little more than 1/3 up from the bottom of the screen.

According to these measurements, your screen will have to be about 40 inches from floor and 90 inches to top of screen. 90 inches = 7'5", about a foot more than I have available.

If you sat 10 foot from this screen, and lowered your screen 1 foot. It would be exactly what I am looking at. Do you think this would be doable?

Forget about the 2nd row. I won't have one. I may even only do 1 row of 2 theater seats, with ability to put a portable, or chairs on rollers at either side, and behind, if needed. Majority of viewing is either alone or with one other.

Last edited by CatBrat; 01/20/11 03:09 AM.